Aurelien Nicoletti - PwC, Sydney
Christopher Moxey - PwC, Sydney
Sam Lobley - PwC, Melbourne
This segment is split as recorded music and live music played at concerts and considers consumer spend on music.
The recorded music component is split into physical and digital elements:
- Physical will cover any retail or online purchase of albums, single sound recordings and music videos.
- Digital consists of any music distributed digitally to mobile devices and includes any music downloaded via app stores or licensed services. Revenue from subscription and advertiser-supported streaming services is also included.
All consumer spend is measured at retail level which can be substantially higher than the wholesale or trade value revenue often reported.
The recorded music market does not consider advertising generated by internet radio services/music publishing.
For live music, consumer spend on tickets is included along with sponsorship revenue. Merchandise is not included within this estimate.
To continue reading, please login, or update your access via "Purchase Online Access". The following subscription options are available:
Australian total market:
- 5 year historical revenues
- 5 year forecast revenues
- for 11 E&M segments
Rise of the Individual: Privacy, Piracy, Data
A round-table discussion with
- Timothy Pilgrim
- Samantha Yorke
- Jeremy Thorpe
- Simon Hackett
The content of the free access plus:
Australia at a glance:
- 5 year historical advertising revenues
- 5 year forecast advertising revenues
- 5 year historical consumer revenues
- 5 year forecast consumer revenues
- 5 year historical and 5 year forecast revenues for global E&M market, advertising revenues and consumer revenues
Key global themes
Cross media ownership matrix
Access to chapters and special features can also be purchased individually. Each chapter includes the sector brand map - a list of who owns what brands in the sector.
The content of the free and the premium access plus:
- Chapters contain deeper analysis and commentary on each sector including additional graphs and tables
Books, Magazines, Filmed entertainment, Free-to-air TV, Interactive games, Internet, Music, Newspapers, Out-of-home, Radio, Subscription TV
Privacy and Piracy
A discussion of the issues
- Dynamic analytics for enhanced decision making